Find your place at OLSH!
High school is an important foundational and transformational time in a student's life, which makes finding the right school for your child essential to their growth and development. If you are interested in exploring the option of making a change for your child, we invite you to learn more about OLSH and how your child can find a home here!
Any student considering a transfer is encouraged to visit OLSH, either as part of our Charger for a Day shadow program or by taking a personalized tour. More information about the ways in which you can get to know us can be found on our Visit OLSH page, or by contacting our Admissions Office at (412) 262-3300. We can't wait to meet you!
Transfer Student Application Process
All Transfer Student Applicants are to complete the following requirements:
- Application for Admission
- Documentation of Academic Record
Please provide and/or request the following documents from your school. Documents may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or faxed to the school at (412) 264-4143. For your convenience, please use the Transfer Student Records Request Form found below.
1. Current Academic Transcript from Present School
2. Current Report Card
3. Most Recent Standardized Testing Scores (PSSA, IOWA, Keystone, etc.)
4. Current Discipline and Attendance Record
5. Individualized Education Plan (IEP) or 504 Plan Documentation (if applicable)
- Transfer Family Interview with Administration (to determine course preparedness, proper fit, and scheduling)
Mid-Year Transfer Applicants
OLSH accepts transfer students in grades nine, ten, and eleven at the start of the second semester if the student’s course work is transferable during the academic year. Please contact Jessica Sellman, Director of Admissions and Enrollment at (412) 262-3300 or email@example.com for detailed information.
Once you have decided you want to pursue your high school future at OLSH and have applied for admission, you may also explore the following areas!
- If you plan to apply for Financial Aid, please submit your application using FACTS. Information can be found on our Tuition & Financial Aid FAQs page. You may also contact FACTS via their Customer Service number to have OLSH added to your existing aid application, if you have already completed one in the FACTS system.
- Complete the 2020 Transfer Student Athletics and Activities Interest Form, found here. These activities are those which meet over the summer, and the coaches/moderators will be in touch to invite you to their events! Many more activities will be available for sign-up in the fall, at our Activities Fair.
- To make your Course Selections for the fall semester, or change any of your already-selected courses or electives, please contact your school counselor directly. Last names A-L should contact Mrs. Darcy Pihlblad at firstname.lastname@example.org, and last names M-Z should contact Mrs. Regina Woynar '95 at email@example.com.
- OLSH hosted a Transfer Parent Information Meeting via Zoom on June 23, 2020. This meeting covered important topics such as uniforms, school policies, tuition payments, and upcoming events. To view the recording of this meeting, please complete the form found here.