Meeting families where they are
OLSH financial aid is available to assist low- and middle-income families in affording an OLSH education. OLSH uses the third-party, independent services of FACTS to process financial aid applications and determine need.
Will my family be eligible?
Students are generally eligible for OLSH financial aid if their family household incomes are less than $96,676 plus $17,017 for each child in the family.
- A family with 1 child - household income of $113,693 or less
- A family with 2 children - household income of $130,710 or less
- A family with 3 children - household income of $147,727 or less
- A family with 4 children - household income of 164,289 or less
Applying for Financial Aid
Families must apply for financial aid annually using the FACTS Grant & Aid Application. This application opens each year in February and must be completed by March 15 for incoming 9th graders, and March 30 for returning upperclassmen to be considered for the highest aid packages at OLSH. The application will remain open and aid will be awarded until all funds have been distributed.
Step 1: Gather supporting documents and information needed for the application
- 2021 Federal Tax Returns - You can begin your application before your taxes are completed, but you must upload your completed tax returns to finalize your application
- Most recent W2s and any additional 1040 forms and associated schedules
- Household expenses including mortgage, home value, vehicle payments, insurance premiums, and bank account statements
Please Note: If the child for whom you are requesting financial aid is not listed as a dependent on your 1040, you must submit the Individual Income Tax Return of the person claiming the child.
If you have an account from elementary school or an older child, you may use the same login credentials.
Step 3: Under "FACTS Grant & Aid", you will see "Apply for Financial Aid with FACTS'. Click on the "Start Application" button.
Step 4: Complete application and pay the $25 non-refundable application fee.
TIP: Take advantage of the question on the application asking you to explain more about your personal financial situation. The Business Office takes this into account when making award decisions. This is your opportunity to share extenuating circumstances and share your personal story!
If you encounter any issues with the online application or have questions regarding submission of your documents, please contact FACTS 24/7 Customer Service at 1-866-441-4637.
Financial Aid Awards
Families applying by the March 15 deadline are generally notified of their award in late April/early May. If you have questions about your financial aid award, contact the OLSH Business Office.