Thanks to our partners, we've reached our goal of $20,000 to purchase supplies to ensure a safe return to learning!
We have invited the OLSH community to partner with us as we prepare for a new school year! Keeping an open heart and mind, we asked you to show compassion for the needs of our community by helping us to transform our building to be a safer, more comfortable environment for all.
In the midst of COVID-19, OLSH has:
- Provided valuable teaching tools to faculty for online instruction
- Assisted families in need to fulfill tuition payments
- Transformed school traditions to meet CDC guidelines while still bringing students together
- Formed a planning committee for the 2020-2021 school year
Our committee and our teachers have asked for the following items to work toward a safe and effective return and advanced capability to teach from home, if necessary:
- 5 automatic water bottle filling stations, so that we may replace water fountains throughout the school that require physical touch to operate.
- TI-84 Plus Graphing Calculators and Charging Stations, so that students learning from home may borrow fully-charged calculators from the school to enhance their virtual learning experience.
- School Subscription to FORMED, an online resource for Catholic content from more than 60 organizations that can be accessed by students through their own devices at home.
- 8 hand sanitizer stations to be situated throughout the building, so that everyone has sanitizer close at hand.
- Wheeled Plexiglas stands, so that teachers may move throughout the classroom with more protection from potential exposure.
- Various types of scan thermometers to reduce the risk of a student or employee entering the building with a fever.
- Online textbook licenses to support an increased enrollment and enable students to learn virtually.
- iPads with cases for teachers to use in the classroom, whether at OLSH or at home.
- Other cleaning supplies to ensure a safe learning environment.
with us to fully fund these needs so that we may Prepare
for safety and academic success this coming school year!